Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Breathe in

One of my favourite albums of the year is the debut album 'Breathe in' by the young British singer-songwriter Lucie Silvas.
She got famous in Spain thanks to her live performance in the popular television program 'Operacion Triunfo', and for re-recording her first single 'What you're made of' as a duet with the Spanish singer Antonio Orozco.
Her debut album contains 13 songs that are all of an outstanding quality, the way any album on the market should be.

Therefore I was surprised not to find her name in the Belgian charts when I was in Belgium last week. My surprise got even bigger when I couldn't even find her album in the Belgian music stores.
In Holland however, her album is one of the best sold albums of the moment. Strange. Apparently her album didn't get promoted in Belgium.
Anyway, If you don't know her music, check it out. You're in for a nice surprise.

No comments: