Friday, December 02, 2005

2 years ago today

2 years ago today, I arrived in Spain, nervous and not knowing what the future would bring.
Today my dad sent me an e-mail, telling me that my mother was feeling sad this morning, because I had been gone for 2 years.
So I gave her a call this afternoon. She was all emotional and started telling me that they hardly ever see me, and that I live so far away.

So I decided to tell her the news that I will be visiting them next week.
I said: 'Well, you can come and pick me up at the airport on wednesday, if you like'.
She first thought it was a joke. But once she realized I wasn't joking, she was all excited.
She said: 'Now I have to finish the Christmas decorations before you come!'.
I think I just made her day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so nice. hope you have a great visit.