Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What really happened

As to why I changed the address of my blog:
The site had become so easy to find on Google, that I caught my colleagues at work reading my posts. Since most of the entries on my blog are rather personal and I didn't like the idea of them reading my online diary, I decided to close down the blog and consider my options. The most obvious thing I could do was move to a new address. And so I did.

I didn't register the new address on search engines or directories. This way they won't find this new blog as easy as the old one. This also means that I won't have as many visitors as I used to have. But I think that people finding my blog on strange Google searches are not easily becoming regular readers anyway.

As I was going to move the blog, I thought it was a good idea to change the layout as well. So I deleted my template and started working on a new one. I was a little afraid that I wasn't going to remember how to program in HTML (I hadn't done it in a long time), but it turned out pretty good. That's why I'm a little proud about this new layout: I created it without any help and with my own inspiration.
And I'm quite pleased with the result.

4 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

yes it's cool. i like the new layout. was that bull on the banner? and btw you forgot to put the title of your blog or is that intentional?

Dioniso said...

The banner is a photoshop adaptation of a picture. The bull was on the picture, yes. I just enhanced it a little.
I realize the title is not on my blog. I'm still doubting if I should put it up there, though. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Anonymous said...

...and you did a great Job, it looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Je hebt alle recht om fier te zijn, het ziet er zeer leuk uit :)