Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Back to routine

Here I am, back at work. With more fatigue than before, thanks to the daylight saving time that started on Saturday night. I always have trouble getting used to that one hour change. But I don't seem to be the only one, because some of my colleagues look like walking zombies as well.
Mónica and I enjoyed the long weekend, although it went by very fast. Time runs fast when you're having a good time.


We had a nice 5 kilometer (3 mile) walk along the shore of Santa Maria del Mar and went to see some more of the Easter processions. We went to visit the sanctuary Covadonga, a very nice place with many souvenir shops. And on Saturday we went shopping. On Sunday afternoon I went reinstalling Mónica's father's computer.

If you clicked on one of the links, you already noticed that I uploaded most of my pictures to my Pbase galleries. They can be accessed as well by clicking on the camera button in the left column of this website.
Yesterday evening I bought myself a new digital camera. So I hope to be adding many new pictures soon. I'm not a photographer as profesional as Tine, but I enjoy making pictures. And sometimes I get lucky and they turn out rather well.

3 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

i'm real glad you had a good time on your vacation. hey i also like your photos. you and tine have your own unique style in capturing things on the cam

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures indeed! Hey, uhm, Covadonga, isn't that the place where this battle found place (in like the 11th century)? I remember the name from my Spanish history class... It looks really cool there!

Dioniso said...

You are right, Lien! A battle fought in Covadonga between 718 and 725 was the first victory of the Christians over the Moors. It had great symbolic significance in the Christian reconquest of Spain. The legend says that a cave near Covadonga was the refuge of King Pelayo. The cave's chapel dates from the 8th cent.