Thursday, March 10, 2005

Playing the spoons

If you ever feel the urge of wanting to play the spoons (you know, hitting 2 spoons on your upper leg to the rythm of the music), you better take precautions.

I think it was 1998, and I was still studying. I was living in a dorm together with other students, and a few nights a week we would go to a party.
That night it was German night, complete with big foamy half liter beers and a german band playing hum-pa-pa music in lederhosen on stage.
I felt they were missing a spoon player, so I grabbed two spoons from behind the counter, jumped on the stage, and started playing the spoons.


Now you might think that I had drunk too many of those foamy half liter beers, but sometimes I don't need to be drunk to make a complete fool of myself.
The band was happy to see that I liked their music (although that was not the case), and encouraged my spontaneous guest appearance.
But since I didn't have a microphone and they did, I was hitting those spoons like Animal from 'The Muppet Show' would hit the drums, just to make sure everyone would be able to enjoy my newly discovered talent.

Next morning, I woke up with not only a headache like I normally would, but also with a peculiar leg ache.
My both upper legs looked like two raw steaks that had been dried in the sun, and hurt for more than a week. So take my advice and don't get too excited with those spoons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad you didn't take a picture of the sore legs ;-)

Unknown said...

HA! i love happy drunks! we rock! :)