Monday, May 30, 2005

Reliving my childhood

Tonight, we will be watching Ferris Bueler's day off. And for the next two weeks or so, we've got these waiting to pass the DVD-player: The breakfast club, pretty in pink, sixteen candles, st. Elmo's fire and Class.
Yes, I'm going to relive my 1980's childhood with these "brat pack" movies that I haven't seen in 20 years. Mónica has never seen them at all, as she was still watching cartoons in the early 80's.
I was still pretty young as well, but I had 2 older sisters who were in love with Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy's smile, so these movies were videotaped and watched again and again until the tapes were worn out.


The actors in these movies were being labeled as 'THE' actors of the future back then, but their careers never really got that big. If Andrew McCarthy ever stumbles upon this site while Googling his popularity, he has to explain me why he never became as big as Tom Cruise. But I heard he did many things on Broadway.
I wonder if all these movies are still enjoyable after 20 years. I would of course like to see them in the original version, but since Mónica wouldn't understand much if we did, we will have to see the dubbed versions.

2 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

the guy in the far left is the cutest.hmmm was that emilio estevez (brother of charlie sheen)infront?

Dioniso said...

The guy in the far left is Andrew McCarthy, the one with the cute smile (according to my sisters).
And yes, that is Emilio Estevez. The ones on the right are Judd Nelson - he was in a tv show called 'Suddenly Susan' with Brooke Shields a few years ago - and Rob Lowe on a bad hair day.