Friday, January 07, 2005

time to clear up the Christmas decorations

We are having some very beautiful weather lately, with temperatures up to 16C and not a single cloud in the sky. So as I expected, many kids were playing in the streets with their new toys yesterday. Especially the radio controlled cars seem to be very popular this year.
The three kings (all named Mónica) brought me this really cool mp3 player. Oh, how I love gadgets.


I watched the three kings procession in Aviles this year. It was not half as spectacular as the one I saw in Asturias's capital Oviedo last year.
And yesterday we visited the Christmas market in Oviedo for the last time. Next week, there will be nothing left of this cozy Christmas atmosphere.

Now that the three kings have brought their presents, it's time for the January discount period. The malls will be so filled with people for the next three weeks, that you would think the shops are giving away everything for free. Especially the women's clothes shops will look like a hurricane has passed through them recently.
I will be comparing prices of computers the next few days. And hopefully I will soon have this brandnew shiny pentium 4 machine at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not one king rang our door this year :'(
Like the new gadget, I have a I-river but hardly use it
Temperatures are up to 12 degrees in Hasselt but we are going to have a lot of wind and rain tomorrow.
Enjoy the weekend.

http://tine.blog-city.com

amiethinggoes said...

it'll be cool to see the three kings procession. didn't u take a photo of it?

Dioniso said...

Amie,
yes I did take fotos of the procession. I'm working on it. Now that I've got this new computer, I have to install programs and stuff, to be able to edit the fotos. Give me a few days.