Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Enjoy your lunch. I won't.

A few weeks ago, without any notice or explanation, the prices of the menus in our company restaurant got raised. And not just a few cents. At least 80 eurocents (about 1 dollar) for a menu.
Now, if the quality of the food would accord with this raise, I wouldn't be complaining about anything. If they had given us a raise at the beginning of the year, I wouldn't be complaining about anything either.
But here I am every afternoon, with stomach aches, repeating for hours what I have been eating for lunch.
Do I really have to get up earlier in the morning and start cooking, to be able to bring my homemade lunch to work and have a decent meal? Some of my colleagues have already started doing so.
One of the biggest companies in the world could at least make sure that its employees can have a decent and healthy meal for a reasonable price.

1 comment:

amiethinggoes said...

where i work we don't have a canteen or restaurant within the building, that's why either you go out and eat out (restaurants are conveniently located nearby), order delivery or bring your own meals. ;)