Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Counting the days

Blogger has been acting strange again the last few days, so I wasn't able to post when I wanted to.
Anyway, we got some great news.
Mónica was supposed to start at her new job yesterday. We had been talking about the fact that she wouldn't be able to go to Belgium with me next week. I knew she could use a break as well, and that she would love to see the little rascals of the family again.
So she decided to be brave and mention to her boss the fact that we had planned a trip. He took it quite well, and said that there was no hurry. If she wanted to, she could start working the day we got back.
So she will be going with me after all. It's better this way.

Due to the bad weather we ended up in the shopping mall again this weekend, buying presents and clothing for those same little rascals. And then we decided to go out and celebrate the fact that Mónica found a job.
So we ended up dancing in our favourite bar 'Bulevar' in Gijon and in a beautiful bar we discovered some time ago, Buddha (see picture), until 4 in the morning.


It had been months since we went dancing. When it's that cold at night, we just don't feel like it.
On Sunday we went to have lunch with Mónica's parents, and cleaned the apartment afterwards.
I'm counting the days until next Wednesday. I really need a vacation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica's boss is great guy! I'm glad she can join you. btw, bring some warm weather, it's gray and cold today brrrr

amiethinggoes said...

"bring some weather"? ha ha ha i didn't think you can bring the weather to any place. hey i can send you ours...it's blazing hot in here 32 to 33 deg celcius.

it's great to hear that you can have your vacation with monica! yap nice boss she got there.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a gorgeous little bar! Sounds like a perfect relaxation time. :)

How far away is Belgium for you? Do you fly or take the Eurorail? I've never been to Europe, but am heading to Hamburg, Germany this September- I'm so excited!!

Unknown said...

PS. Thank you for adding me to your blogroll... I added you to mine! :)
PPS. Also, thank you for your comment... I really appreciate it. Very well spoken and it truly did make me feel better.

Dioniso said...

girl from florida, Belgium is 1600 kilometers away, about a 1000 miles. Since there are low cost airlines in Europe, we fly overthere. It's really cheap.
I just had to comment on your site, reading all that injustice.

Amie, it's something that Belgians say a lot: bring along some of the nice weather. You can send some heat over here if you like. The weather is very bad here as well.