Friday, April 01, 2005

Dad's sending pictures

My dad always tries to act as if he knows as much about computers as I do.
He even sends me links that he thinks I might find interesting.
So I giggle when he sends me a link, tells me he discovered a nice program I should try, and I find out he is talking about 'ad-aware'.

Recently he bought a digital camera. Today I finally got the mail I had been expecting since a few weeks.
Apparently he's trying to send me 900 KB pictures, and he's wondering why it is taking so long and why they are not getting through. He will try sending them one by one.
So how do you explain your old man he should resize those pictures before sending them.
I started Googling and I found the ideal program. I tried it out and it is the easiest thing I've ever seen, resizing images with just one click. Check it out: photogadget


Today at 18:00 European time, a new Belgian Groupblog will open its doors. Some 20 bloggers will try to make a difference in the Belgian blogworld. I've been asked by the creators to join in and be their reporter in Spain. Belgian newspapers and radio stations have already mentioned the blog, so if you understand any dutch, check it out, starting this afternoon: www.struikgewas.be

4 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

looks cool and looks easy! why not send the photogadget link to your dad?

Dioniso said...

I did, Amie. I was looking for an easy program especially for him.
And he managed to send me the resized pictures already.

Anonymous said...

I think I might give this a try, I just blow my whole morning resizing pictures.

Anonymous said...

THanks for the link, I know a few that could use a program like that. :-)