Friday, April 29, 2005

Excuse me??

Maybe I'm just being a snob, but it bothered me while we were shopping in Belgium during our trip. And it didn't just happen once, it happened 3 times.
Imagine that you try on some clothes in the dressing room of a clothes shop, but they don't fit or you don't like them. What do you do with the clothes when you leave the dressing room?
Well, in 3 different shops during our stay in Belgium we were asked by one of the girls who were working there: 'Could you please put it back where you took it?'.
My mouth fell open in disbelief.
Now tell me, am I being a snob and does this sound normal to you?


On another ocasion, I was about to make a picture in a shopping mall, when all of a sudden a security guard comes running to me, saying: 'sir, sir! You can't make pictures here!'
Can they forbid you to take pictures in the passage of a shopping mall?

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Don't they usually have a place in the changing rooms where you can hang the clothes you've tried on but don't want to buy?

Dodgy stuff.

I don't think that's snobbish of you.

Anonymous said...

He he, can't say that it wouldn't be a bit cathartic to be an ass to customers like that (as I work in retail) but I don't think I'd get to keep my job.

Anonymous said...

Also, wouldn't they want to put it back themselves anyhow? I know when I'm in clothing stores I suck at folding stuff the way they do.

amiethinggoes said...

the clerk's job is to assist customers...and getting back those items where they belong is part of their job, isn't it?!