Friday, August 05, 2005

Enjoying the last couple of days

It's incredible how fast time goes by when you are having some days off.
My week is almost over, but now that I'm writing this post I don't even remember what I have been doing the last couple of days.

Let's see.
On monday and tuesday I cleaned the apartment and the attic. It was necessary, and I thought: let's get that over with as fast as possible.
But by tuesday evening I started feeling depressed, because I had been working my butt off for 2 days, and it didn't really feel like I was having a holiday.
So I decided to get out of the house on wednesday. I had to go to Oviedo anyway for some paperwork, so I went for a walk there, visited the cathedral, looked for the hotel where my sister will be staying at the end of this month, got a haircut (it was necessary) and made some pictures.
After Mónica got home, we went for a walk at the beach and we checked out a beach we had never been to.

Yesterday morning, I went out to explore new places. I was always curious if it was possible to get up the high cliff at the end of Salinas' beach. So I decided to find out how to get there. And it was worth it. The view was spectacular from up above.
I drove on, and went for a breakfast at the airport. I love hanging around in airports, watching people take off for a vacation.
Afterwards I wanted to check out a beach I had heard of in Cudillero, but I couldn't seem to find it. So I drove to the coast and found a spectacular lookout point.
When I looked down from there, I spotted this great looking swimming pool at San Esteban and felt like going for a swim immediately.
So I drove home, waited for Mónica to come home from work, told her about the pool, and we went back to San Esteban for a swim.
We will probably be going back today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure did visit some awesome places. Enjoy the swim :)

Anonymous said...

*Great pictures :)

*I love hanging around in the airport too.

* I will be in Spain in exactly 12 days. ^_^

amiethinggoes said...

whoa! nice shots! picture perfect!