Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What day is it anyway?

It feels like Monday, but it's already Wednesday. Well, at least it will soon be weekend again.
It seems that the end of the daylight saving time last weekend has also changed the weather. The temperatures have dropped a lot and the weatherman is already talking about snow when it was still 23C/73F last week.

On Monday, the Spanish princess Letizia gave birth to her first child, Leonor. The Spanish constitution will probably be changed soon, to make sure that Leonor can be the future queen of Spain.
But also my Belgian friends Tom and Louisa became parents on Monday morning. They had a baby girl named Emma. Too bad I can't visit them and see the baby.
My other friends, Liesbeth and David, a Belgian couple that got together thanks to my intervention, are expecting their firstborn in 9 days.

Yesterday, Mónica and I visited the grave of her grandfather, together with her parents and family. Afterwards, we all went to a shopping mall together. How strange that the shops stay open in Spain on the 1st of november.
Mónica's grandmother impresses me everytime I see her. She is 83 years old, but she is in great shape, has an incredible memory and a great sense of humor. She talks and laughs all the time.
What a great way to grow that old.

No comments: