Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Been arranging flights and rooms

Let's see, where shall I begin.
The weekend was great. We had 2 beautiful days with lots of sun and high temperatures. So we spent most of the weekend on the beach, getting a tan.
On Sunday afternoon, we had arranged to meet an ex-coworker of Mónica, and her boyfriend. Two very nice people who showed us around in their hometown, Mieres, which we had never visited before.

On Sunday I got the news that my oldest sister, her husband and the two boys will come and visit us in August. So I had to start looking for and writing mails to hotels in the neighborhood, to arrange some rooms for them. Since this afternoon the flights and the rooms seem to be booked and confirmed.
It's the first time that they will visit us in Spain. So they're very curious to see where I live, and I'm sure that Mónica's parents are very curious to meet my sister and the two kids.
And suddenly it wasn't so difficult anymore to decide when I was going to take my summer holidays.

5 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

August...still more than a month away. You still have enough time to prepare for their visit. Are you planning an itinerary for them? Are you responsible for that? You know...where to go that...what to do. Oh I'm sure it'll be much fun for you guys!

Dioniso said...

Well, I should show them around a little and plan some things, since they know nothing about the area. But that shouldn't be too hard, as they will only be staying for 5 days.

dorien said...

Very cool! When I lived in Germany, I loved it when my familiy visited me and I could show them my house, friends, ...

Unknown said...

That sounds like it will be a great visit for you all...have fun with it...

Anonymous said...

You must be very excited seeing them. Are you going to take those five days off from work?