Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Our weekend

On Saturday morning, we packed our bags and left for Llanes, a little touristic village by the coast, known for its beautiful beaches.
We checked into a simple hotel and headed for the beach at Barro, with the finest white sand, to enjoy the weather.
By 6 o'clock in the afternoon, clouds came rolling in, so we headed back to the hotel, showered and drove to the city center of Llanes, to stroll through the narrow, ancient streets with many colorful shops. Later we enjoyed an abundant dinner in one of the many fine restaurants.


On Sunday morning, the sun kept hiding behind the clouds, so we decided to drive back to Gijon and visit the enormous Sunday market. By 4 o'clock we got tired of strolling around and headed home to relax and cuddle up on the couch.
Why do great weekends always go by so fast?

(My pictures on flickr)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics, glad u had a great time, hard to type with only nine fingers ;-)

GypsyChique said...

Must be nice. My daughters are going to Switzerland with their father for a week in August. I asked my 5 year old to take lots of pictures for mommy. I'm going to Graceland in Memphis, TN next week. That'll be my big trip. But I'm sure it'll be fun.

Beautiful pic, by the way! :)

Anonymous said...

Supercool pics! Those ancient streets are sooo beautiful! And those shops! Aargh, I think I should visit that place some time :D

amiethinggoes said...

weeee! that sounds wonderful! okay you made me want to head out to the beach. and nice photos. so did you buy pirated cd(s)?

Dioniso said...

Thank you, girls!
Tine, good luck with the finger. When it finally has healed, you probably won't need it anymore.

Gypsy, have fun in Graceland. Say hello to Elvis for me.

Lien, there must be hundreds of little villages like Llanes in Spain. You will visit one of those surely.

And Amie, No, I would never buy pirated cd's or dvd's from one of these guys.