Friday, June 17, 2005

Enjoy the weekend

I overslept this morning. I woke up at 9:07, while I normally should be at work at 9:00.
Mónica has to start earlier, so she was already out of the house. But I must have hit my alarm clock in my sleep, turned around and slept on. Luckily it's not a problem. I just called in that I would be a little later.
The thing is that some programs on the Spanish television are a real pain in the...
Yesterday was the final show of one of those reality tv shows, la casa de tu vida (literally 'the house of your life'). Not exactly my cup of tea, because all they do is fight, but Mónica wanted to see who was going to win the house.


While these shows in Belgium normally last about 50 minutes, in Spain they need 3 full hours of discussion, involving all the contestants that were already voted out in earlier episodes ánd their family, to finally announce the winners of the show. Sometimes they literally drive me wild.
And just when I can go to bed and I'm happy that it's finally over, they announce the beginning of the next reality tv show next week. Spanish tv is terrible.
Anyway, it's friday and the weather is great. I'm off for a weekend at the beach. Have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyyy, Spanish tv isn't that bad ^_^ I personally think "Gran Prix de verano" is kinda cool ;p

amiethinggoes said...

3 hrs just on one tv program! that long huh? longer than a movie!

Dioniso said...

Lol, Lien. When I was living in Belgium, I sometimes watched bits of "Gran prix de verano", thinking: Maybe Mónica is watching this as well. Afterwards she told me: Did you really think I was watching that??? We laugh about this program every week. The repetitions and the sound effects they put in the repetitions are hilarious. I imitate them in our living room.

Amie, yes, 3 hours! I remember when I was living in Belgium, I used to watch several different programs in one evening. In Spain you can see one program every night, because they last about 3 hours. After an hour and a half I sometimes can't take it anymore.