Tuesday, June 07, 2005

In today's news

Today Shakira launches her new CD 'Fijación Oral'. You might know Shakira from her worldwide hit 'Whenever, wherever'. I first heard Shakira's music when I was on holiday in Asturias, Spain in 1996.
Since then I'm a big fan of her Spanish work. So I'm curious about this new CD.
On Sunday evening, she performed some of the songs at a free concert in Madrid, to support Madrid's candidature for the 2012 summer Olympics.


The first single 'la tortura', featuring Alejandro Sanz, another great Spanish artist, is already becoming a big hit in Spain. (You can see the video here)
The CD that will be released today is completely in Spanish. In November, the same CD will be released in English to the rest of the world.

And today Ikea opens a store in Asturias. The nearest store up until now was in Madrid, about 5 hours from here. This morning, people were already waiting at the doors of the store for the opening. The first weeks it will be almost impossible to visit due to the crowd.

Oh, and on Sunday, we had a perfect day at the beach.


(Click for a bigger view)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until November to hear the English version. So far I have all of her CD's. She is great!

Cool about the Ikea opening, finaly you will be able to shop in one of your favorite stores :-D

Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

Lovely beach! :)

And I really like 'La tortura', it makes me think of summer <3

dorien said...

hmm, I can smell the sea and feel the sand. very nice picture

Dainty Fairy said...

I know her from her hit 'whenever wherever' I haven't listened to any of her music though.

That beach looks gorgeous! *is jealous* hehe.