Tuesday, December 28, 2004

And they lived happily ever after

On the 7th of December, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Mónica and I were in Oviedo and decided to go have a quick lunch at our favourite Italian restaurant Gepetto.
We both had a tagliatelle 'Gepetto', and a Coke.
A few days ago, I took a look at my bank account online, and saw to my disbelief that they had charged me 70 euros for the meal. So I started looking for the credit card ticket, and yes: it said 70 euros and it was signed by me.
Immediately Mónica's words came to my mind: "You never watch the amount before you sign." She has said it so many times.

I searched for the e-mail address of the restaurant and wrote a 'nice' mail to the manager, saying that they had taught me a valuable lesson that day.
I couldn't ask for a refund, because I had thrown away the restaurant check and couldn't prove what we had eaten that day.
5 minutes later, I received a mail from the manager. He had phoned the restaurant, they had searched for my check of that day, they had seen that they had made a mistake, and they were about to return me the money.
And they did. Nice man, this Gepetto.

2 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

Good for you!

Hey Chris Happy New Year to you and Monica!

Anonymous said...

It's good to read that there are honest people on this earth. I'm glad you got your money back.

httpl://tine.blog-city.com