Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I went shopping last night, accidentally noticed one of these in a little gift shop and couldn't resist myself.


I always liked lava lamps but never had one. I knew Mónica liked them too, but we never had the right place for it in the apartment, to enjoy it at it's most.
Now we don't need that place anymore. We just plug it in.
Now I only hope it's not going to kill me:

Kent man killed by exploding lava lamp

A 24-year-old Kent man was killed Sunday afternoon when a lava lamp exploded, sending a shard of glass into his heart.

Kent police said Phillip Quinn put the lamp on a hot stovetop, causing it to explode. The King County Medical Examiner's Office ruled the death accidental.

Quinn apparently stumbled into a bedroom in his Kent trailer home after the explosion. His parents discovered his body there Sunday evening after his girlfriend reported that she couldn't get in touch with him. Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

4 comments:

Kel said...

Thats well smart.. ive got one very much the same put its a tablt lamp.. same as other than that.. glitter is very pretty, I like ur blog is very nice.. im at www.piggypage.blogspot.com/ feel free to drop by and comment and stuff cheers.. if u wanna exchange links let me know... tt4n

amiethinggoes said...

lava lamp exploded! wow! maybe it had a factory defect or something. hey i love your lava lamp! very nice! cool!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll be o.k. as long as you don't try to heat it up on a stove.

Suzanne said...

I can't help but wonder why he was trying to cook the lava lamp in the first place?? My son would love the plug in though,...where'dya get it?