Friday, December 10, 2004

Emergency bad, weekend good

I went to the company doctor for a medical check-up this morning. We are not obligated to do so, but every year we get the chance to see the doctor if we want to. So I took the opportunity to go.
There is this myth among the employees here that the doctor sometimes checks the 'crown jewels' of the male employees. So every time a colleague goes to see the doctor, they ask: "Did he take you by the .....?" I'm sure it's just a myth.

So it's friday again. I only worked 2 days this week, but it seems like it were 5. Last week and this week, we had some emergency programming, and everything had to go at the speed of light. Whenever we get an emergency, we have to handle in 2 days all the things we normally handle in 2 weeks. So that means major headache.
And of course, whenever there is an emergency, my computer acts like it is on holiday. Today I had to wait several minutes every time I needed a Lotus Notes database to open. It drives me wild.
I hope things will calm down starting monday.
I'm going to relax now. Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

amiethinggoes said...

it does seem to be like that when a person is in a hurry...things acting up...as if someone is playing a trick on you. it happens to me all the time especially when i have a deadline at work.