Friday, December 17, 2004

The name definitely fits the movie

Yesterday I watched the thriller/horror/slasher movie 'High Tension'. A few weeks ago, I accidentally saw a teaser trailer on television, and was stunned by it. This one I had to see!
And I actually loved it! Especially the feeling of tension and fear that it gave me, and that reminded me of when I secretly used to watch horror movies at night when I was a kid.


I caught myself several times holding my breath, waiting with open mouth for what was going to happen. The fear of the main character in the movie actually grabs you by the throat, and you would like to scream to her or just grab something and beat the living daylights out of the killer. At one moment in the movie she manages to kick his ass, and I could feel the relief that she had to be experiencing at that moment. It actually gave me goosebumps.

Near the end of the movie, there is a sudden and unexpected twist in the plot. Many people have been criticizing and actually hating the movie for this. It is true that the twist leaves some questions unanswered, but I think you should see the movie as the main character's version of the facts, and not try to find out what really happened.
For some scenes in the movie you need a strong stomach, because the blood and gore are very graphic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ACK! That looks awful. I would be terrified and miserable. Have you seen Texas Chainsaw massacres? Eeeek. I was TERRIFIED and so miserable during the whole thing.

But I'll just take your word on it, b/c I am a total wimp w/ horror movies. :)