Thursday, November 18, 2004

My girlfriend Mónica just called me all excited at work, to let me know that she has been offered her very first job. From what I understood it's only a temporary job for 4 days at a local cosmetics shop, but it's a start and I'm very happy for her.
The poor thing was already getting desperate, and it kept getting harder for me to comfort her.
You see, she has been writing letters for over a year now, but hardly received any feedback at all. she has a University degree and completed a Master, but the lack of experience always seems to be the big problem.
So she has been downgrading her standards over the year, just to be able to find any kind of job and put some experience on her resume. And finally someone called her.

By the way, thanks for all the birthday wishes I received yesterday. It felt very nice.
And for those who were wondering, Mónica managed to make it a day to remember! When I entered our apartment after work, all the lights were turned off and she was standing in the middle of our living room, holding a heart shaped chocolate cake with burning candles. She looked at me with puppy eyes and then she said with a little trembling voice: "I made it myself".
She’s the best.