Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Well, it's that day of the year again when I get a little older. Yep, it's my birthday today. My first birthday in Spain.

I'm a bit of a melancholic person, and birthdays always make me feel a little down, especially my own. I inherited that from my mother. She always cries all day on her birthday, whining that it will almost be her last. She can be a little theatrical at times.
I'm sure she will be thinking a lot about me today, feeling sad that she can't congratulate me in person. She misses me a lot, because I used to visit her almost every day when I was still living in Belgium, telling her stuff and making her laugh. When I left, she said: 'Now I have nobody left to talk to' (she lives with my father and I have 2 sisters, by the way). Whenever I call her, I hear that she is trying to suppress her tears at the end of the call.


On my birthday, my parents, 2 sisters and their children used to come together to congratulate me and eat some birthday cake. Although I never seemed to care much about those moments, I think I will miss it today. But I'm sure Mónica will do everything within her power to give me a wonderful day, a first Spanish birthday to remember.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

:: Mona ::

Dave said...

Happy birthday!! Wait...in spanish it's...ummmm...well, it's...Bueno?...No, that's "good"...Oh yeah, now I remember, I don't speak spanish.

Well, I hope you have a great day!

http://www.buzzstuff.net

amiethinggoes said...

happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday... happy birthday... happy birthday to you. hey chris have a happy one. :)

Dioniso said...

thank you all

Dioniso said...

By the way, in Spanish it's 'Feliz cumpleaños'.
yes, I know it sounds weird.

The Mac Fam said...

Well, I don't live in Oklahoma City, but I do live is OK. I hope you have a very Happy Brithday!