Sunday, November 07, 2004

Talking about playing games: I remember that in the early 80's when I was a kid, it was cool to have an Atari console. So I begged my dad to get me one of those. However, when we went to buy one, he found it necessary to ask around about which console was better and had the most and best games. So I ended up with a CBS Colecovision, completely unknown in Europe, with games unknown to any of my friends.

In 1982, partly because of the success of the movie E.T., the BMX bikes became very popular in Europe. So I begged my dad to get me one of those. However, when we went to buy one, he saw this other type of bike that looked so much cooler to him. So I ended up with a Raleigh Chopper, and I must have been the only one in Belgium because I never saw another one in my life. Many people mocked me because of that bike. And I will never get over the fact that I never had a BMX.


Just get your kids whatever all their friends have. All the rest doesn't matter.

2 comments:

Snowbabies said...

Hi,

I can remember the Chopper being all the rage here and it's little brother the Boxer. Then everyone moved onto a Grifter and then it had to be a BMX and now it's, either a racing bike or a mountain bike. I have read somewhere that the Chopper is available again so it's gone full circle ..lol..

Paul.

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a chopper!

Jackal