Thursday, November 11, 2004

When I was surfing around blogexplosion yesterday, I stumbled upon this little dragon on one of the blogs, watched the video about it (you can click the picture to see it) and was immediately intrigued by it. You see, it's not just a little ugly dragon, it is also quite an amazing optical illusion. I found the instructions to make one, and made one myself yesterday evening. Now it's keeping me company on my desk, and 2 of my colleagues already came to ask me for the instructions.


To all the blogexplosioners who are passing for extra traffic, I have been reading a little about site admission lately, and if you haven't admitted your site to the 'open directory project' yet, it's a good idea to do so. Especially Google rankings seem to be kind to you when your site is listed in the directory.

3 comments:

amiethinggoes said...

nice illusion! how were they able to make it appear as if it's moving? are you going to reaveal the secret?

amiethinggoes said...

nice illusion! how were they able to make it appear as if it's moving? are you going to reveal the secret?

Dioniso said...

Well, there is no secret actually. The effect is amazing and like on the video. The only thing is: a camera grabs 2-D images. When you make the dragon, you see it in 3-D. So what you have to do to see the effect, is close 1 eye.
Give it a try. Click here to get the instructions on how to make it.